Atlanta >Food & Dining > B Beatty Bakery Diner & Cafe
The food was great! The customer
service and management was completely the opposite. But because I love good food I wanted to share my opinion so that you don’t go out of business before I feel comfortable enough to revisit.
PROS: Great food, free parking, spacious in-door dining area, optional patio dinning, reasonable prices, numerous options on menu
CONS: Poor service, slow service, unprofessional service, poor management, all menu items are not available
1. Get an actual full-time manager who knows how to operate a restaurant. Someone knowledgeable of keeping a kitchen properly stocked to handle the ENORMOUS menu.
2. Shorten the number of items on the menu (too many options, sauce combinations, substitutions, etc.) It made my head swim trying to narrow down what I wanted to order.
3. Support your menu. I ordered lamb chops but the server told me that they don't sell this item. Then I ordered the shrimp n’ grits and was told 20 minutes later they were out of grits! (GRITS? Really? You don't even have to refrigerate it!) Ordered a dish with artichokes...guess what...no artichokes! Serve what you have on the menu or change the menu! Such a disappointment.
4. Time management – We waited over an hour to get our food! Even the appetizers took their time coming out. Every item that my table (of 6 hungry women) ordered took forever to come out the kitchen. Half of our orders came out piping hot while the rest of us suffered with (at best) luke warm food.
5. Invest in training your servers or hire better ones. Although the above issues we encountered were not the blame of our server, he played a role in our discomfort because he was slow, unprofessional, irritable, and inefficient. We watched several tables get up and leave due to either slow wait staff or lack thereof.
6. Invest in hospitality and customer service enhancement training. (People WILL revisit a restaurant with mediocre food but exceptional service. People WILL NOT revisit a restaurant with great food but poor customer service.) Make me feel like you value my patronage! My friends and I came here on my birthday for brunch at 12:45pm; we didn’t leave until after 4pm! It was a miserable and regretful experience!
HAVING GREAT FOOD WILL NOT KEEP YOU IN BUSINESS. AND WORD-OF-MOUTH WILL KILL YOU!
Last but not least…watch a few episodes of “Restaurant: Impossible” on the Food Network channel.
BEST OF LUCK!!!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of B Beatty Bakery Diner & Cafe on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.