Atlanta >Glenwood East
I wish I would have read these reviews
prior to moving in. These tips echo a lot of the issues I had while living at Glennwood East.
I have lived in three apartment buildings in the Atlanta area and this was BY FAR THE WORST EXPERIENCE.
There were constant issues with dog feces and urine on the elevators (a weekly occurrence). The smell of marijuana in the halls and elevator (I have a young daughter so that was very disturbing). When I complained about these issues, I was told that if I see someone doing any of these things I should call the police. I really did not want to risk potential retaliation.
There were frequent break-ins in the parking lot and the apartments themselves. Three out of 6 apartments on my hall were broken into.
Please be aware that you will be billed for water usage after you move out. I was billed electronically,and never received the bill. My balance has now been sent to a collection agency (who will NOT provide an itemized statement, but apparently they have photos of my former apartment, go figure). You should also be careful about providing emergency contact info. They will give this information out to the collection agency.
I was a good tenant who always paid on time and I occupied one of the more expensive units. I should have received a closing bill by mail as I provided my forwarding address. Had I been billed correctly the first time, I would have taken care of it immediately. Of course, I would have disputed the water charges for the time AFTER I MOVED OUT.
They management staff is rude and unresponsive. They even criticized my new building management, which have been AMAZING!
They layout of the apartments at Glennwood are very nice, but I strongly recommend you keep looking and find something that is a less like a college dorm atmosphere, unless that is what you are looking for! Many of the tenants are rowdy and it is not a place I would recommend for children at all.
NO WAY: Please save your money look elsewhere! My daughter moved in a couple of months ago with her 9 month old and on this Thursday her apartment was broken into. The thieves took everything except the baby's crib ,toys and clothes. When I say everything I mean not just electronics, they took the living room furniture , bed, sets of dishes, diapers, wipes,vacuum cleaner etc . They even took the time to drink water, so they were obviously there for a while.This happened in broad daylight on the 4th floor. When the police arrived another tenant stated that a while ago his place was broken into and they took all of his things as well. Not to mention the car break-ins. Now, I am thinking that it has to be either an employee of this ratchet establishment or one of the floor's tenants who knows daily schedules. Management is a joke, they offered to move her to another apartment when she requested a deadbolt. Oh let's not forget the her adding the comment "that's what renters insurance is for" The Property manager has yet to call because he is not available until Monday. Oh so he can't take the time to call until Monday? This is not all about her material possessions being stolen and probably sitting in someone's apartment on the 4th floor, this is about the personal safety of my child and grandchild. Needless to say she is afraid to stay in the apartment and is staying elsewhere. I will be copying and pasting this to every website that has a review for this dump. Not to mention , I will be blasting their azzes on FB and Twitter. Corporate is on speed-dial for Monday.
DO NOT LIVE here!!
I liked the layout, The amenities were ok when they worked, has some nice residents
1)your next to a loud freeway, 2)crime is horrible -apartment break ins to DEA staking out suspects from the parking deck, to drug dealers crashing their cars into the ditch in the front of the property fleeing from police, to undercover detective chasing suspect off the balcony in broad daylight, 3)the billing system for water almost $85 monthly because they split the total use with everyone in your building. And when you move out they bill you for 2 more months of water saying "thats how our system works"4)Vehicle Break-ins.5) Muggins. just not that safe honestly...mostly when the sun goes down.
I Would Not Recommend....
I have never taken the time to write an online review of a company, restaurant, etc. However, I feel that it is absolutely necessary for me to warn others about Glenwood East!
I have been staying at Glenwood East for 9 months now and cannot wait for my lease to end. I would not recommend this apartment complex. This complex has numerous issues.
1) NOISY: You can hear everything from the unit above & below. I know when my neighbor gets out of the bed, flushes the toilet or closes a cabinet! I am not exaggerating!!! I lived in apartments while in college years ago but I've NEVER experienced hearing every single noise from other units. It actually sounds like the running of the bulls on a nightly basis and I've had to bang on the ceiling so many times I've lost count. I mean seriously who stomps around at 1, 2 and 3 am in the morning. It's like no one here works. Also, the fire alarm does go off often!
2) POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE: Front office workers are very helpful and nice when showing the property BUT after signing the lease that all changes. I'm saying this as a result of my experiences and talking with other tenants. The female leasing agent in the office is very rude as well as the manager.
3) SHADY TENANTS: I can confirm the review from 3/21/11 about the smell of weed in the elevator and hallway. Also, there are tenants who just "hang out " around the property... I will let you come to your own conclusion as to their line of work!
4) COMPLAINTS: There is a courtesy officer on staff but let me assure you that when you call you will NOT get a response until hours later or maybe the next day. There are numerous complaints about a group of college students that party constantly at all times of the night/ early morning and while they say the tenants have been warned on numerous occasions they continue to party and keep surrounding units up all night! As I type this at 2:30 a.m. they are so loud I can hear them over the television!
5) PARKING: We had friends stop by on a Saturday afternoon and in less than an hour their car was broken into in guest parking. As we waited on the police, several tenants walked by and said oh this happens every week and the front office could care less. No security patrol and no cameras in the area that is clearly an easy target for criminals.
6) POOL: I was appalled at the activities at the pool this past summer. "Shady Tenants" having what appeared to be family reunions, adult birthday parties and college students inviting all of their on-campus friends to come take over the pool!
Don't let the location and outside appearance fool you like it did me and others. I am a professional and I've found that if you fit into that category this is NOT the place for you. However, if you're a college student, "self employed" or could care less about the things I've mentioned above then this might be the place for you! ***The 1 star is for the gym!
Avoid at all costs. I needed an apartment for 6 months before moving out of town. I met with Jason and we agreed on the price and terms. Jason emailed the contract to me and I digitally signed. I didn't realize that while the lease said 6 months, the end date was 1 month longer. When I brought it to the staff's attention, all I got was attitude. These people are inept and useless. They admitted it was their mistake, but wrer holding me to the longer term. Worse, the property need maintenance. There was no heat or air in my master, none of the outlets worked in the kitchen and the fire alarm goes off at all hours. Turn around and walk away.
We are sorry for any confusion on your lease end date. After reviewing the situation, we did honor the requested date. We do respond to all reported maintenance issues within 24 hours.
would not recommend to anyone. I've lived here for almost a year and can't wait till my lease is up so I can get out of this place. Both me and my boyfriend's car have been towed from our own apartment complex. The residents here are pretty rowdy and there is never enough parking because these people allow their friends to park in the parking deck, forcing the apartment complex to call in a tow truck to get rid of the cars that don't belong here. Except they ended up towing the cars of people who DO live here. I can smell weed in the elevator all the time, and the fire alarm has randomly gone off about a dozen times last year, waking me up at 5AM in the morning. If you like ghetto people, hallways that smell like weed, and having your car towed or not being able to find parking spaces, this is the place for you!
We want to ensure our residents have adequate parking so we do have permit parking and unfortunately we do have to tow unauthorized vehicles from time to time. All towing is documented with pictures so if a car is towed in error, the resident would not be charged if the vehicle had the permit.
Run while you can!. I live in Gleenwood East and would not be living here, if I knew what I know now...Many cars and homes have been broken into. Parking is very unsafe; the parking garage is not attached to the apartments so you have to go back outside before you have to enter through another gate, to enter your building. This also makes it hard to load and unload your groceries, etc. because you have to carry everything so far. They have also hired Midtown Tow to tow the cars that are in the unloading zone after hours (8pm-6am)...so many guest and their visitors that work late night jobs have been towed while unloading their x-mas gifts and groceries!!! I know one person who has been towed 3x even though their assigned Glenwood East parking permit was displayed. Run while you can!!!!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!