Duluth >Restaurants > Kurt's Bistro
3305 Peachtree Industrial Boulevard, Duluth, GA | Directions 3009634.016016 -84.165050
M-Th 4:30pm-9:30pm, F-Sa 4:30pm-10pm, Su Closed
*This Site Emplodes Old/Outdated Reviews* – PLEASE NOTE: The vast MAJORITY of the reviews on here are from before 2010. Kurt's Bistro opened its doors on March 11, 2011.
We were at a former location with a different concept and staff and we recognized our short comings... downsized...reorganized....and now we are Your New Neighborhood Bistro concentrating on great food, service and a totally new atmosphere.
Please do not base a decision on one of these OLD reviews that are not relevant to our newest operation. Management will not delete these since we carried over the same phone number and have the same Corporate name.
We invite everyone to experience our rebirth and disregard these building blocks of reviews whose time has passed and they need to be retired.
Thank you...and bon appetit !
New Years Eve at Kurts – We've always been big fans of Kurts and Vrenys (and their deck) but this was our first time going for New Years Eve.
When we arrived we were immediately offered champagne. The food was delicious, especially the homemade sausage strudel, the salads and the citrus sorbet.
My petite filet was perfect and the Bearnaise sauce was the best I've had in a very long time.
We had the wine pairing which was good value, however we were surprised that we were both drinking the same wines with my husband having the sausage strudel and me the crab cake. Though there were no wine pairing with the dessert we were offered an additional glass of champagne which was nice.
The service was OK but we felt a bit rushed.
Another Great Birthday Dinner – Just had another memorable birthday dinner, with 12 of my best friends, last night. This place keeps evolving and keeping up with the times. Year after year I look forward to dining at Kurt's & Vreny's, and they don't dissapoint. Thanks to the owners, staff and all the extras which makes this one of my favorite places in all of Atlanta!
Surprised that they are still in business – About 2 years ago, I ate at Kurt?s & loved it. This visit, I could not believe that I was at the same restaurant. Due to the reasons below, nobody should ever eat at this restaurant, unless they need a good reason to call in sick to work.
- we found the food inspection report of a B-87% - mostly due to time and temperature issues and not cleaning produce ? this is nasty. The previous rating was an 86 ? not much of an improvement.
* Bad service:
- waited 5 minutes to be acknowledged at door
- waited 45 minutes at table to order food
- waitress forgot our drinks 4 times
- never got the free birthday dessert, as promised
- waitress had an attitude and was very slow
- were not thanked for dining at the restaurant upon departure
* Availability of menu:
- ran out of 2 types of beer that we ordered
- tiny liquor selection even though they claim to have a full bar
- ran out of giant pretzel appetizer
- almost no wine selection by the glass
* Food quality:
-Chicken Schnitzel was bland & not pounded thin at all
- Spaetzle was bland
- Everything else was overly coated with a poultry seasoning-very strange
* Look & Feel:
- tasteless 1980?s posters everywhere, including men?s restrooms.
- There was a combination of stinky cheese and body odor smells
- Temperature was about 90 degrees with no circulation
First, I have to thank you for taking the time to write your review. Although it is troubling at best, your voice is an important one. I can assure you that the food inspection report is taken very seriously here and I invite anyone to view our kitchen and operation. Cleanliness and proper food handling is our top priority and any faults listed on the report were immediately corrected and are in strict compliance today. Your other comments have been reviewed and steps have been implemented to correct any faults of our own, your own personal tastes with standing. Since 1985 we struggle everyday to provide the best quality for a reasonable price to all our customers and strive to make every experience unforgettable.... I am only sorry that yours did not live up to that expectation.
A Good Valentine's Day Dining Experience! – My wife and I have eaten at Kurt's and Vreny's in the past, but had not had a chance to visit since they had combined, so decided to check their website to see what were their plans for Valentine's evening. The web page was admittedly a bit hard to read but once we fiddled with the contrast if was clear that this would be a fixed-price menu with optional wine pairings, and we liked the looks of the selections, so decided to give it a go. When we called for reservations we were again reminded that this was a limited menu, so I guess the first advantage was that we had an idea what to expect.
Now, we arrived slightly early for our six-o'clock reseration and were seated promptly. After looking at the menu and the standard wine pairings, we decided instead to opt for a bottle of Riesling Kabinett (Rheingau), which we found to have a good balance and which subsequently proved a good pairing with the food. (Yes, I know that in addition to the seafood, there was beef involved, but we are less finicky about such things than some.)
For starters my wife chose the lobster bisque going to the salad, and I the lump crab going to the tomatos. These were absolutely tasty. For the main course we had the lobster tail and the chateaubriand, both of which were cooked perfectly. I have had lobster too many times when it has been dry, but this had perfect texture and taste -- I am from Maine and can claim some experience in this regard. And lastly we found the dessert "just right" -- a little something for every taste.
Our server was young but obviously experienced. Although she was not personally familiar with the wine list, she found answers for our wine-related questions; and these answers led us to a wine which we thoroughly enjoyed. She did not "hover" but always seemed to be present whever she was wanted, and the courses seemed to arrive at exactly the right time.
All-in-all, it was one of the best dining experiences we have had.
In this day and age, where it is understandably easier to criticize than to praise, we thank you for taking the time to share your experience and look forward to serving you again soon.
Valentime's day in H_ _ _ – 1) Website said nothing about a "price fix" menu for Valentine's day
2) Website showed "expanded menu, since Kurt's and Vrenny's were combined.
3) We have eaten here before and had good meals, although consistently slow service
4) Service was horrible, we had a couple come in to sit next to us 20 minutes after we got there and we were all eating our dessert at the same time.
5) Menu - Appetizer - one of the choices was "International Cheese Plate" - Ok, can you say.....KROGER?
6) Bread was good, but cold
7) Salads - 2 choices, Ceasar and Mozzerella/Tomato Vinegarette - 1 piece of Mozzerella and a whole plate of badly chopped tomatoes. YUCK
8) Only 5 main courses to chose from - One was supposed to be Chateaubriand. OK, it was Skirt Steak or Flat Iron Steak. It was NOT Chateaubriand. My husband's New York Strip was more tender!!!! It was Medium Well! It took 35 to 40 minutes from Salad to Main course.
9) They did (grudgingly) take $25 off the check even though I only had 4 small bites of the 2 pieces of meat on my plate. It had so much gristle in it even my husband thought it was bad and the Bernaise sauce was horrible and I spent 30 minutes in the bathroom when I got home. I was told "Well, no one else has complained tonight" I asked my husband what he thought and he said it was bad.
10) Dessert - Kroger Bakery - Cheesecake
2 Words: NEVER AGAIN.
Since they made the change, they do not care about Quality, about their customers.
We got there at 7:00pm and we left at 9:45 - that is how long it took us to get served. Also - we ordered a bottle of white wine, no wine bucket to keep it cold, it was warm by the time we finished it.
I would never ever go here again.
It is always unfortunate when a customer has a bad experience, regardless the occasion or circumstance. We take this criticism as building block as we are always evolving to make changes to keep up with our customers' demands. I especially appreciate the time and effort that you took to point out your perceived shortcomings that you experienced, for they are the tools for us to further our business and to make certain that they do not happen again.
On our behalf, I do have to say that they Valentines' menu was listed on our website quite prominently with even a flashing banner on each of the pages, warning customers of our "limited menu" that evening. Your other views are being reviewed and I thank you for pointing them out that evening and only wish that we could have immediately rectified the situation. Please note that drive to provide the upmost quality to our customers is, and always has been, our number one priority and we apologize if you believe that we failed.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Kurt's Bistro on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.